Thursday, February 25, 2010

Show & Tell: Coconut & Black Bean Soup

My most recent Cookbookyssey venture inspired a couple of my readers to try the recipe themselves.


This photo was submitted by Mauve, who used a full can of low-fat coconut milk, rather than just one cup. Which reminds me, I also used the whole can, though mine was made with regular coconut milk (about 72% more delicious fat). Mauve also points out that this recipe is both vegan and gluten-free. Thanks Mauve! I love the presentation.


Here's a note from Jan, sent along with this lovely photo:
Like you, I was pretty discouraged in the early stages of simmering. I even considered abandoning the dish and throwing away the contents of the pot. However, after blending half the stock, it started to look better and I continued to follow the recipe carefully. Near the end the flavours started building and at the very end I had a very good soup. YAY!

I'm most certainly not a food stylist or food photographer and I shot this image as I was flying out the door for the day. Here it is -- for what it's worth.

Thank you for inspiring me to make this soup. It's easy, nourishing and tastes good. I'm definitely going to make it again and again.
Thank YOU, Jan. This soup looks better than mine! I have such talented readers. Feel free to send me some snapshots of your own adventures in the kitchen. LET'S SHARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment